Saturday, August 25, 2012

After a Rocky Start...

So when I decided to fully commit myself to working out, eating right and all that other jazz I hadn't thought it would be easy, but I also hadn't accounted for the CRAZY schedule I was about to start.  Beating it out in the gym would of been easy had my schedule remained manageable.  Working in the station, spending countless hours doing my own workout, having down days where after taking care of Army business I could sneak off to the gym and do what needed to be done...that all came to a halt the beginning of August when we returned to Monday - Friday at the company, doing early morning PRT sessions and being released around 1700 everyday. 

I also hadn't accounted for the week I spent in VA the first part of the month as well.  I loved spending time with my family and friends and getting to see everyone, but with all that I was trying to do and all the people I was trying to see, getting to the gym happened a whopping ONE TIME the whole time I was in, and I can say I didn't work out as hard as I needed to or should have.

But now, that things are slowly panning out and I'm falling into what little bit of a groove I can get into with my day to day schedule being adjusted and readjusted in an attempt to get our company prepped for our upcoming deployment to Afganistan, I can start working out regularly again!  I'm happy for it, I feel better about myself and I look forward to more changes in my body and getting to that 300+ PT score I want so badly.

My typical day now includes two separate workouts.  At 0630 Monday - Friday we have company PT, which varies from day to day but usually the week includes three days of running (MWF) and two days of other activities (Thursday's are IOTV days where we do our PT activities in our vests - not much different than gym workouts with a weight vest on).  And then each evening I hit the gym with Fike and now one of the guy's that works as a mechanic in our company is joining in on the fun.  With three people doing the exercises we usually spend an hour and a half to two hours in the gym each night.  Twice this week I've been at the gym when they're closing down...it makes me laugh.  There used to be a day when I shut down bars, now I'm shutting down gyms...who would have ever thought.  I'm going to start tracking the exact workouts I do and if anyone's interested sharing them.

Here's to breaking 150 lbs with muscle not fat! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment